This week's theme is:
Happy Mardi Gras!
My Happy List
1. My violas and pansies are so pretty and purple (and yellow) for Mardi Gras! I also planted some pretty pericallis in shades of purple and white. Pretty springtime flowers make me happy!
2. Speaking of flowers, I bought these daisies from the $1.99 bin at the grocery store, and they looked so pitiful. I revived them with some warm water and aspirins. Aren't they pretty! Bargains make me so happy!
3. Mr. Art @ Home went on a quest to find me the twentieth anniversary edition of Outlander for my Valentine's Day present. He had to visit three different stores. He could not understand why I wanted it because I have already read it, but the special edition has a CD of the musical in the back. :D
Then, on Friday night, he took my by the bookstore and bought me another book:
New books make me very happy!
4. While my family eats King Cake today for Mardi Gras, I will be enjoying a tasty treat, too: Pumpkin Pudding. Please don't gag. We made it last week in cooking class, and no one was thrilled about it, until we tasted it. Seriously, it was one of the favorite dishes of the day, and it is healthy! Yummy and healthy desserts make me happy!
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
2 large eggs
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
2 cups skim milk (I used 2%)
2/3 cup orange juice
Whipped topping, if desired
1. Beat pumpkin and eggs in a large heavy saucepan. Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cardamon in a medium bowl and stir into the pumpkin mixture. Add milk and juice.
2. Cook over medium heat, whisking continuously. Be sure to get the corners where lumps can hide until the pudding is very thick, about ten minutes.
3. Reduce the heat and give the pudding a few quick whisks to remove any lumps. Divide among 8 ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about two hours. Add a small amount of whipped topping if desired.
133 calories; 2g fat; 1g saturated fat; 4 g protein; 26 g carbohydrates; 58mg sodium; 2 g fiber
5. Check out this sky today! Pretty walking weather, so I am putting on my Pumped Up Kicks and I am walking this afternoon! YAY! Walking makes me happy and in shape!
6. Look at who I spotted in our backyard! He is out of hibernation, so spring must be right around the corner. I love spring because it means the end of winter. Springtime makes me happy!
What has made you happy this week? Link up and share your happy!
Until next time...