1. My daughter graduated from high school last night. She had three grandparents and one great-grandparent present at the ceremony held at the historic Alabama Theatre in downtown Birmingham. The Alabama School of Fine Arts orchestra and choir did an amazing job with the music. The orchestra played Summon the Heroes by John Williams for the processional, and the choir sang Oread Farewell by Dan Forrest. These are just a couple of the evening's lovely musical selections. I am so happy and proud for our daughter, one of fourteen Math and Science students enrolled at ASFA since Grade 8. Congratulations, Shanley Belle!
2. Our family enjoyed a delightful dinner at Hot and Hot Fish Club after graduation. Chris Hastings is one of the best chefs in America, and I love his and Edie's restaurants. Delicious Southern food makes everyone happy!
The Chef's Counter at Hot and Hot Fish Club
3. Shelley only has one week of school left until summer vacation. She has had a very successful year per her annual IEP meeting held this. Shelley is attending a fantastic middle school. Shelley's success makes me happy and proud, too.
4. Shanley Belle is successfully enrolled at the University of Alabama for the Fall 2011 semester. Her freshman orientation and registration for classes was earlier this week. My daughter attending my Alma Mater makes me extremely happy, Roll Tide!
The President's Mansion
Clark Hall, College of Arts and Sciences
5. I have tons of chores to finish this weekend. This does not make me happy, but once I'm finished I will be very happy because guess what came in the mail yesterday? Yep! My copy of Summer with Matthew Mead. Summerlicious inspiration makes me very happy!
I have missed visiting my bloggy friends this week. I will try my hardest to get caught-up with you next week. I appreciate all the sweet emails from y'all!
Until next time...